Consumer and Community Participation
Developing a health service that is responsive to people's needs
Improve the community's health status and experience
Kyabram District Health Service works in partnership with consumers and community groups to respond to the needs of the community, improve health experiences and outcomes, and ensure the planning and delivery of safe and appropriate health services.
Kyabram District Health Service has consumers who are engaged in activities and committees across the organisation. Our Community and Cultural Governance committee is a sub-committee reporting to the KDHS board, whose main focus is to ensure the health service undertakes a comprehensive and conisitent approach to informing the community of the effectiveness and value of its work and providing opportunities for consumer and community members to shape the development and improvement of policy and strategies that influence the way in which services are planned and delivered.
Consumer and community participation is guided and supported by the:
- Strategic Plan 2013-2018
- Consumer and Community Participation Framework
- Consumer and Community Participation Plan 2014-2017
- Implementation of Standard 2 - Partnering with Consumers (one of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Strandards)
We have a variety of other ways consumers, carers and community members can be involved such as:
- Being a member of a committee or working group
- Membership of short term advisory groups
- Attending departmental planning forums to provide a consumer perspective
- Revision of departmental policies and procedures where a consumer perspective is required
- Reviewing paient brochures and information sheets
- Assisiting to implement identified opportunities for improvement through survey results and feedback
Kyabram District Health Service has established a register of consumers, carers and community members who are interested in being involved and contributing to policies, programs and services from a community perspective.
Kyabram District Health Service supports consumer's participation by providing orientation to our service, information about consumer participation, training opportunities, information about our services, phone support and resources.
We welcome feedback about your experience while at Kyabram District Health Service. Your feedback helps us make improvements that are meaningful to you. Refer to the feedback page for information on ways you can provide feedback.
How can I opt out?
You can opt out at any time. Your name and details will be removed from the membership register.
Become a Community Partner
Our Community Partners are community members who voice the views of the community and take part in the decision making process on behalf of consumers (patients, carers, and their families) and the community.
If you would like to become a Community Partner please:
Phone: 5857 0258 or