KDHS GRADUATE NURSE PROGRAM
Graduate Nurse Program
KDHS provides a comprehensive range of Acute & Extended Care Services to people of all ages.
KDHS is located in the township of Kyabram, in the heart of the Goulburn Valley. KDHS services a township population of approximately 6 000, with a catchment area of 16 000. We provide high quality, compassionate, efficient, affordable and accessible person-centred care.
The Graduate Nurse Program is for 52 weeks and commences on the second Monday in February each year.
Graduate Nurses are supported by Clinical Nurse Educators, Preceptors, Nurse Unit Managers, study days and structured feedback.
- The Graduate Nurse Program is designed to assist and support the Graduate Nurse transition from student to Registered Nurse, and to provide consolidation of knowledge and skills whilst delivering holistic care.
- The program runs for 52-week commencing February 1st 2022
- Two Streams are offerd. The General Stream has 3 positions at 0.8 EFT (8 days per fortnight), and the Aged Care Stream has 1 position at 0.8 EFT (8 days per fortnight)
- Rotations for the General Stream are offered in Acute, Perioperative Service, District Nursing Service and Aged Care.
- Rotations for the Aged Care Stream are offered in Aged Care, Acute and District Nursing Services.
The program includes:
- Comprehensive Orientation program for the first week
- Paid study leave days
- Supernumerary allocation at the commencement of each clinical rotation
- Specialty rotations may include areas such as: District Nursing; Oncology; Renal Dialysis and Operating Theatre
- Completion of a Clinical Project of special interest by the 10th month of the program
- Formal training in BLS, ALS and IV Cannulation
- Clinical supervision provided by Educators, Preceptors and Senior Staff
- Certificate of Completion
Rotations are conducted within the following clinical areas:
- Acute care, including Urgent Care Centre and High Acuity Unit
- Operating Theatre and Day Procedure Unit
- Aged Care, incorporating Nursing Fundamentals and Leadership
- Primary and Allied Health
- District Nursing
- Specialty rotation as negotiated
- General Medical & Surgical
- Day Procedure Unit
- Urgent Care Centre
- Perioperative Services
- Renal Dialysis
- Primary Health Services
- District Nursing Services
- Aged Care
- Social Support Program
- Oncology Services
- Comprehensive Orientation & Onboarding Program
- Access to eLearning programs
- Accommodation available on site
- Access to the multidisciplinary team, including clinical and non-clinical staff
- 5-day access to Clinical Nurse Educator and Clinical Support Nurses
- Dedicated Graduate Nurse Coordinator
- Ongoing Training & Development, with access to up to 8 paid study days per year
- Free car parking and morning & afternoon tea
- Social Club
- Applications for KDHS open June 7th 2021. Applications for KDHS close July 8th 2021
- The selection process for GNMP matching from 26/07 – 16/09/2021 (approx.)
- KDHS Interviews – to be conducted first 3 weeks in August 2021
- Hospital selection for GNMP – 16/09 – 25/09/21 Computer matching from 25/09 – 02/10/21
- Match results available 04/10/2021
- 2nd round placement offers from Hospitals 11/10/2021
- Register with Post Graduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) Allocation and Placement Service (APS) – https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/
- List Kyabram District Health Service Graduate Nurse Program as a preference – specify Aged Care or General Stream.
- Nominate 2 Clinical Placement referees. Provide name, position, email and phone contact details of each referee.
- Submit application directly to the Kyabram District Health Service Health Current vacancies - Kyabram District Health Services
- Address the Selection Criteria during the Application Process.
- Cover Letter including response to Key Selection Criteria
- Resume – please include a list of dates and organisations where placements have been undertaken during Undergraduate studies.
- Academic Transcript to date.
- Two Clinical Placement Reports, specifically the Interim & Final Assessments.