Work Experience Program for 2020
Kyabram District Health Service (KDHS) is committed to supporting secondary school students to pursue a career in the health care industry by offering work experience for local secondary school students (aged 15 or above) in 2020.
One week of placements for 8 students will be offered to successful applicants – with priority given to local Kyabram secondary schools. Indigenous, culturally diverse, and students from surrounding towns with a passion for health are encouraged to apply
Work Experience Program:
The KDHS Work Experience Program offers local secondary school students the opportunity to experience various careers within the hospital setting.
- Nursing/Medicine: which may include Theatre, Community Nursing, Aged Care, General Ward and Nursing administration
- Allied Health Stream: which may include Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dietetics and Social Support/Lifestyle
- Support Services Stream: which may include Kitchen, Café, Laundry, Cleaning, Patient Services Assistant and Social Support/Lifestyle
- Business Administration Stream: which may include Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety, Client Services, Medical Records and Finance
Work Experience will ONLY be available in the following weeks:
- June 29th – July 3rd 2020
- August 10th – 14th 2020
- September 14th – 18th 2020
For more information click here or contact our clinical educators:
Applications will open online in March 2020, all applicants will need to apply online.