At Kyabram District Health Service we value the contribution volunteers make across all sections of our organisation.
Working in a wide range of areas including Sheridan Aged Care, Social Support Program, Hospital Ward, Primary Health and Administration, volunteers bring a wealth of knowledge, skills and abilities that are greatly appreciated by staff and patients.
- Receive training to undertake their duties
- Are placed according to individual abilities and department requirements
- Are valued members of the team with rights and responsibilities
- Can organise work times to suit their lifestyle
Our dedicated group of volunteers are a vital part of the KDHS team and we are grateful for their ongoing support.
Culturally diverse community members including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to consider volunteering.
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
You will need to:
- Be 16 years or older (under 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian)
- Undergo a National Volunteer Police Check and Working with Children check (paid for by KDHS)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Be reliable
- Be willing to work as part of a team and undertake training as required
- Be punctual
- Be committed to the organisation and our values
- Have a sense of humour
Volunteering opportunities available at KDHS include:
- Leisure and lifestyle support
- Assisting with activities in Sheridan or Social Support Program
- Assisting with serving meals at our Social Support Program
- Community Engagement
- Reading or playing games with residents and/or patients
- Visiting and chatting with residents and/or patients
- Office administration including collating patient information packs
- Ward assistance
- Garden maintenance
Alma Limbrick – Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: (03) 5857 0200